A guide to buying a good solar air cooler5 min read
The tropical climate is synonymous with fairly hot air temperatures. Moreover, the issue of global warming is increasing by the day. The heat in the house or room is increasingly felt. If only there was a water cooler in the house surely the air temperature dropped a few degrees cooler. And the whole family will be more comfortable.
What is an air cooler? And what’s a type of air cooler that you like?
Air conditioning is a cheap and efficient tool to cool the hot air in the room. It works well in dry, but ineffective tropical areas for humid (sub-tropical) areas.
Although air conditioners have slowly replaced this tool, it is still preferred because in some ways using an air cooler is more profitable.
How the air cooler works
An air cooler is a box-shaped unit containing a fan, a water/ice place, and a pump. The way the air cooler works is quite simple. First water or ice cubes are put in the cooling box, then the air in the room is sucked and piped through the place of cold water or ice. Next, the cold air is exhaled back into the room, Quite simple.
Advantages and disadvantages of air conditioning/air cooler
The advantages and disadvantages here are mainly intended if this tool is compared or compared with air conditioning. Of course, air cooler technology isn’t as sophisticated as air conditioning, but it’s also not as simple as a fan.
Here are the advantages of this air conditioning device:
- Cheap price. When compared to air conditioning, the price of air cooler andsolar air cooler is much cheaper, operating cost, and maintenance are also lower.
- Save energy. The electricity required by the air cooler is only about 1/10th of what is needed for air conditioning, thus saving you monthly electricity bills. Air conditioners can also work on low voltage electricity.
- Eco-friendly. This air conditioner is relatively safe and does not cause harm to the environment.
- Portability. To install air conditioning we need to lock or hole the wall. While the air conditioner air cooler just put in the room, as well as easy to carry/move.
And here are the disadvantages of air cooler:
- The air cooler is less suitable for sub-tropical (humid) climates. Too much moisture in the outside air makes his performance inefficient.
- This tool is not suitable for people suffering from asthma and other respiratory problems.
- Requires constant maintenance to operate efficiently.
- Must routinely supply ice water to cool the air.
- Can’t control air temperature
And below is a quick guide to choosing and buying a good air cooler for home.
1. Type of air conditioner
- The types of air conditioners sold on the market are evaporative air conditioners and portable air conditioners.
- If the room is big then it is better to use an evaporative air cooler.
- This type needs a large amount of electricity and space, it also needs more water, but it produces better cooling.
- Usually, this type is placed near the window, because it needs air supply from the outside.
- As for personal use or smaller rooms, using a portable air cooler is adequate.
- Any type of air conditioner you choose, be aware of the suitability of the room area and not noisy.
2. Fitur air cooler
Important features that should be in the air conditioner (the name of the feature may be different from each brand, but the function is more or less the same) namely:
- Speed controller: the point is to set the fan speed.
- Automatic water level controller: the point is to control the water level automatically so that it can maintain the specified water level and prevent water.
- Automatic shutoff dampers: it is useful to open/close the flap if the fan is on / off, so that cold air is not wasted.
- Remote control: To raise and reduce the temperature
- Timer: the point is so that we can set when the time is OFF on the tool.
3. Air conditioning size
If the room that needs to be cooled is spacious, then choose a large air cooler. For smaller rooms choose one that is also small in size.
In addition to the room area factor, also consider the height of the room when choosing this tool.
The latter is a brand. Choose always a brand of air cooler that is quite well known as well as a wide network. So if you need improvement, find spare parts easily.
Some of the famous air cooler brands sold on the market are Vankool. The price of air coolers from vankool is relatively cheap. You can also see these video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN0A4-Mk6KY
How to use the correct air cooler
Using the air cooler indiscriminately will only harm yourself and make it quickly damaged
For the air conditioner, you have to be durable and beneficial for the family then it must be used properly and appropriately.
The methods are as follows:
- #1. Keep away from electronics or metal.
Electronic goods such as computers and radios are prone to damage because the air becomes humid. Similarly, metal objects will easily rust. Put and use the air cooler in the corner of the room away from household electronics.
- #2. Do not use it directly
The air cooler can only be used as long as the water tank is still there water or ice cubes. If it is empty then the usage should be stopped, as it will make it quickly damaged.
- #3. Use in a room with good air circulation.
Do not use in an enclosed room, as it will make the room more humid and it is not good for health.
- #4. Clean regularly.
The device should be cleaned at least once a month especially a filter part, as well as other parts where the dust is attached.
- #5. Don’t be directed to the body.
This one is going to damage to wellness, not damage the air conditioning unit.
- #6. Use as per room area recommendation.
Most effective if the air cooler is used according to the recommended room size. If it exceeds then the effect of the temperature drop is not so pronounced.
Caring for and cleaning the air cooler
To clean the air cooler the way is quite simple and the user does not need specific skills.
The parts to note are water tanks and filters (both plastic filters and paper filters that resemble “beehives”).
For a water tank simply wash clean and dry. While the filter part is sprayed with medium pressurized water until dust and dirt fall out all.
Dust attached to the outside can be sucked with a vacuum cleaner or dusted with a semi-wet cloth and dried. If the dust is too much and goes inside then it should be dismantled.
Air conditioners that are never treated or cleaned will put health at risk.